Friday, January 30, 2009















We decided that Tayler needed a new bed after jumping out of her crib on her head too many times. This girl has no fear in her at all.

So Brandt and she went to IKEA to pick everything out. I think they did a really good job.
Talyler loves having a big girl bed.


Over the past week our family has had the whooping cough. We have had to stay in the house the past 5 days. Carlee couldn't start school, she was actually sad. I think she was sick of me and Tayler more then anything. One of my Dr's got the cough and gave it to everyone in the office. Carlee finally did go back to school on Friday.
Brandt and I are starting to walk 3 miles everyday. We are hoping that we can lose some weight before Mexico. Actually before Mexico. We are trying to show Carlee and Tayler that you can eat right. Hopefully we can do this. Wish us luck!

5 comments:

Nana Donna said...

Yahoo! Mike will be thrilled that you blogged. Cute pictures of the girls! Tayler looks so happy to have such a grown up bed. Now she'll be bugging you even more! But just remember those years go fast so enjoy while she wants to be with you! Carlee will make up missing school really easy, she is such a smart girl. Hope you are all feeling better. Good luck with your goal of loseing weight. You can do it! Dad and I need to start walking too. He emailed him a picture of himself in bathing suit out in the Caribbean, he said that will help him at work to not go to the vending machines and stay off soft drinks. I am proud of you guys, hopefully we can do as well.

Natalie and Jay said...

So sorry to hear you were all sick! I would be going stir crazy if I had to be at home for a whole week! Tayler is really getting to be a big girl and is so lucky to have Carlee for a big sister. I, too, am trying to exercise and eat better. It is tough! Good luck with the walking. If you can do it now (in the winter) it will be so much easier in the summer. I love reading your blog!

Nana Donna said...

You can thank Shannon for helping me with this last night. I learned some more from her, but hope I can retain what I have learned. She makes it look so easy!

Nicole said...

did tayler get a haircut, it looks so cute!! Good luck in your quest for better health. Mike and I want to lose weight before mexico too, although it will be slightly easier for me than mike since the baby should do some of the work for me. We will all be super skinny for mexico!! (but if I'm not I can always use the baby as an excuse- right??)

Nicole said...

I could lose weight really easy. I know I can do it! But first I need not eat four hotdogs at 10:30 pm before I go to bed. Actually. It seems like I've been eating better the last week, but every once in a while, I just start eating and don't stop until I'm in pain.
Tayler's bed looks cute. We still need to get Cole into his bed. Nicole and I have reservations of doing this though because he is such a darn good sleeper. We have his bed, Nicole bought the bedrails, but he's still in his pack and play. How sad is that, he doesn't even get a crib!
I hope you all feel better. Tell Carlee that we want her to come stay with us this summer for a week or so. We love your family and can't wait to see you, hopefully sooner than later.

Mike